Your passwords protect your accounts, files, and email...your digital life!
One of the most important parts of an account is the password; your accounts (including the local accounts on your computer or mobile phone) must be secure. This is like working in your bedroom with the front door of your home left open.
What to do if you need to change or you forgot your password(s)
Go to link.ssis.edu.vn and click on 'Reset Password'.
Technicians in the ICT office can also assist you in resetting your password. For security purposes, you must come to the office and present your Student ID card to the person assisting you before technicians change your password. You cannot change your passwords over the phone.
SSIS Password Guidelines
Strong passwords are important protections to help you have a safer online experience.
- Your password should be at least 12 characters long
- Use upper and lower case letters.
- Substitute numbers and/or symbols (!, @, #, etc.) for letters
- use simple dictionary words
- names of pets
- personal data easily obtained about you
- use only one number (such as placing the number one on the end of a word)
- leave a written copy of your password anywhere near your computer.
- never be written down
- not be shared with anyone (apart from your parents)
- be changed regularly especially if you suspect that someone may know it.
SSIS passwords are case sensitive, so 'Password' and 'password' are two unique passwords.
Create a strong password you can remember
An ideal password is long and has letters, punctuation, symbols, and numbers. There are many ways to create a long, complex password. Here is one way that may make remembering it easier:
|What to do||Suggestion||Example|
|Start with 3 or 4 words or the name of a Song/Book||Think of something meaningful to you.||Portugal Kathy Apple|
|Add capitalization||Capitalize only the second or third word||portugalKathyapple|
|Replace letters with numbers||Take one letter similar to a number and change all of the same letters in your sequence (ex. o to number 0)||p0rtugalKathyapple|
|Add punctuation.||Take one letter similar to a symbol and change all of the same letters in your sequence (ex. L to||p0rtuga!Kathyapp!e|