Move or Copy Mail from One Gmail Account to Another
Step 1 (SSIS Account)
- Log in to the account from which you want to import (bring over) mail.
- Click the Settings gear icon (⚙️) in the Gmail account’s toolbar.
- Select Settings from the menu that comes up.
- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded) under POP Download:
- Click Save Changes.
Step 2 (New Account)
We are done with the account from which to import messages. On with the new Gmail account:
- Now log in to the Gmail account to which you want to move the messages.
- Click the Settings gear icon (⚙️).
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click Add a mail account under Check mail from other accounts.
- Enter the email address of the Gmail account from which you want to import under Email address.
- Click Next ».
- Make sure Import emails from my other account (POP3) is selected.
- Click Next ».
- Verify the desired Gmail account’s user name is entered correctly under Username:.
- Type the password for the Gmail account from which you import under Password.
- Select pop.gmail.com under POP Server.
- Select 995 under Port:.
- Verify Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server is NOT checked.
- Verify Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail IS checked.
- Options: Select Label incoming messages and pick the label corresponding to the old Gmail account’s email address, an existing label or New label for a new label.
- Select Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox) so imported emails do not show up (or clutter) your new Gmail account’s inbox.
- Click Add Account.
If you get an error message try the following:
- Login to your Google account using your school account
- In a new tab go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha