The SSIS laptop loan guidelines are based on the following general principles about the appropriate use of technology:
- Computers and the network are part of the school’s physical plant and their use involves the same privileges, obligations, and responsibilities accompanying any school resource.
- Technological resources are provided primarily for educational purposes.
- Students using loaned devices are expected to maintain regular backups of personal information and will be given instructions on how to do so by the IT Department.
Laptop loans are managed through the IT checkout system. With parent/guardian permission/approval, students will be able to borrow a laptop for an extended period.
Unfortunately, accidental damage may require a student to seek repairs for their personal device and render them without a laptop for an extended period. As a service to students, SSIS has established a laptop loaner program through which a student whose laptop is being repaired may borrow a MacBook Pro from the ICT Department (A317) for the duration of the repair period up to a maximum of 10 school days.
In the event of damage:
- Contact a repair center, submit the device and get an estimate of the time for repairs to be completed
- Complete the attached Laptop Loan Agreement and submit it to the ICT Department
- If available, a laptop will be prepared and signed out to the student (laptop + charger)
- Devices are available on a first come first served basis.
- Upon check-out and check-in, the device will be examined with the student to ensure all parts are operational.
- A deposit of 4,000,000 VND is required at the time of the loan. A rental fee of 100,000 VND will be charged for each day of use. Payments are made at the business office.
SSIS Students grade 4- grade 12
- Microsoft Word for Mac
- Microsoft Excel for Mac
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
- Preventing damage to the equipment.
- Observing best practices related to the physical and network security and protection of the equipment.
- Protecting the equipment so it is not lost or stolen.
- Removing and saving personal data from the laptop before it is returned.
- The laptop will be re-imaged upon its return and any data will be irretrievably wiped. No accommodation can be made for recovering data left behind on the laptop once it has been returned.
Laptops may be loaned for up to 10 school days. Under extenuating circumstances, and with parent communication, the loan period may be renewed/extended.
Click to download the Student Laptop Loan Form