Responsible Use Policy
Information and Communication Technologies
Saigon South International School
Saigon South International School believes that all students should have access to technology when they act in a responsible, efficient, courteous and legal manner.
Furthermore, Internet access and other online services, available to students and teachers, offer a multitude of global resources. Our goal in providing these services is to enhance the educational development of our students.
Acceptable use of technology applies to all technology-based devices maintained by the school and/or personal technology-based devices used during school hours on school property.
The following are our agreements about the use of technology at Saigon South International School.
Using the ICT equipment correctly and responsibly is very important.
- use the ICT equipment carefully.
- use the computer and the Internet only for school-approved activities. I will only use the programs and websites that my teachers have approved.
- keep my password a secret.
- not tamper with or damage the hardware, software or the network.
- tell my teacher if I read or see something on the computer that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- never use the ICT equipment to be hurtful to others. I will not view, send or display inappropriate messages or images.
- print only with permission.
- access only my own files and folders, or those shared with me.
- obey copyright laws and respect the intellectual property of content I did not create.
I understand that if I do not follow these rules, I might not be able to use the ICT equipment at school.
Updated September 2019