If you already have an Apple ID and you would like your child to use it on their school laptop, you simply need to give your child the password to that account. However, we reccomend that you set up a separate Apple ID for your child to use on their school laptop. To do this, please follow the steps below. It is best to do this on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. If you do not have one of these devices, you may do it on a Mac laptop or desktop.
Creating a Student Apple ID (managed by parents) without a credit card:
1. If your child does not have a personal email account, create a new one (E.g. Gmail http://gmail.com/). Alternatively, you can also use your child's SSIS GMail account.
2. The slides below will show you how to create a free apple ID that uses a personal email address or your child's SSIS GMail address. You will need to enter your personal details as the parent/guardian such as addres and phone number as the account holder must be over 13 years of age. Please use your home address from your country of origin. This will help ensure that both you and your child are registered on the same App Store.
4. When the process is complete, your child can sign in to the App Store on their laptop using the new Apple ID email and password that you created. Please make sure that your child, and your child's homeroom teacher, know this passsword.
If Apple blocks the new account visit the contact Apple support page (https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action) and choose Account Management > "Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons". You can schedule a phone call or click the email icon and copy/paste the text below:
"This new Apple ID is being used for a (insert nationality here) student at Saigon South International School in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The school is working with the regional Apple Education Team to roll out 1:1 Macs. Can you please unblock this account."
7. Alternatively, you can create a Vietnamese iTunes Account with your Vietnamese address using the same link above.
Please ensure both you and your child have the username/password for the Apple ID. If you need any assistance at all please come to the Tech Office in B401 for Primary and C020 for Secondary. We are happy to help assist you.
Managing Apple Stores
Gifting through Apple gift cards (https://www.apple.com/gift-cards/)
You can purchase Apple gift cards online or gift apps to your child.
2. Use your Personal Apple ID to purchase Apps and distribute them to your child or children (up to five accounts).
This system is more technical and requires you (Parent Personal Apple ID) to login to the App Store, iBooks Store and iTunes on your child's Mac. You will also need your child (Student Apple ID) to login to iCloud.