The livecamera is the live stream directly from the ipadcaster onto YouTube. We then use Open Broadcast System (OBS) to overlay other content on top of the livecamera playback then finally stream the final result back to the livestream YouTube go live channel.
To use the YouTube embed within OBS, we use the OBS browser so if you are using Linux, you need to install the plugin separately. OBS Browser is included in the full install on the MAC and Windows.
RECOMMENDATION: We should purchase a camera dedicated to OBS and feed it with a wire. Embedding a Youtube video then live stream back out to Youtube causes significant lag and quality degradation.
On YouTube Account
Login YouTube with respective livestream account
- firstname.lastname@example.org correspond to livestream1 at ssis.edu.vn
- email@example.com correspond to livestream2 at ssis.edu.vn
- firstname.lastname@example.org correspond to livestream3 at ssis.edu.vn
Click on the Live Video icon then Go Live
Scroll down to the bottom to the Encoder Setup for the server url and name/key to be used on the iPads.
On the iPad
ATTENTION: WIFI connection to the dedicated Live Stream SSID
Click on the YouTube Live Now icon assuming that the Podcast has the app already installed.
- Click on the cog to enter into the setup
- Enter the server url and name/key from the livestream account on YouTube.
- Click on the X to close out of the settings
Click on the record button to start the live streaming and click on it again to stop the session.
On the Client Browser
To verify, go to https://live.ssis.edu.vn/live-feeds/ or https://mrisa.ssis.edu.vn/live-streams/, respectively.
Setting to the live stream (with score overlay):
- Note that the autoplay will not work in Google Chrome
Setting to live camera (without score overlay):
Notice the difference. It’s because one will automatically play and one has to be manually clicked. The auto play is to be embedded into the OBS Browser
Open Broadcast System
Install OBS on the MAC is preferred since it has the full package which includes the Browser plugin which is needed to embed the YouTube video or from any url. https://obsproject.com/download
- Click on setting > Channel then enter the server key, exit and save
- Add image, text, and
- Browser content:
- Click on “Studio Mode” > “Transition” > “Start Streaming”
Rename Video on Youtube
Login to Youtube (https://www.youtube.com) with respective credential
Click on the account avatar
Select YouTube Studio (beta)
- Select Videos
- Select tab Live
- Click on the three dots > Edit title and description