As a student blogger at SSIS, you are expected to follow these blogging guidelines below. Use the questions in
italics to help you decide what is appropriate to post on your blog.
1. Only post things that you would want everyone (in school, at home, in other countries) to know.
Ask yourself: Is this something I want everyone to see and know?
2. Do not share personal information.
Ask yourself: Could someone find me (in real life) based on this information?
3. Think before you post.
Ask yourself: What could be the consequences of this post?
4. Know who you’re communicating with.
Ask yourself: Who is going to look at this, and how are they going to feel about my words?
5. Consider your audience and that you’re representing SSIS.
Ask yourself: Do I have a good reason/purpose to share this?
6. Know how to give constructive feedback.
Ask yourself: What will happen as a result of this post?
7. Treat other people the way you want to be treated.
Ask yourself: Would I want someone to say this to me?
8. Use appropriate language and proper grammar and spelling.
Ask yourself: Would I want this post to be graded for proper grammar, spelling and punctuation?
9. Only post information that you can verify is true (no gossiping).
Ask yourself: Is this inappropriate, immature or bullying? Does it come from a reliable source?
10. Anytime you use media from another source, be sure to properly cite the creator of the original work.
Ask yourself: Who is the original creator of this work?
As a blogger, you will be commenting on other people’s work regularly. Good comments:
- are constructive, but not hurtful;
- consider the author and the purpose of the post;
- are always related to the content of the post;
- include personal connections to what the author wrote;
- answer a question, or add meaningful information to the content topic;
- follow the writing process. Comments are a published piece of writing.age has no content. Enrich SSIS Link! by contributing.
Adapted from Kim Cofino’s “Blogging Guidelines” at International School Bangkok (ISB).