PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- New: Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- New: Create PDF/A files for long term archives
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
Click here to download it.
How to use it
Method 1: Using the Print Menu to Print to PDF
- Open the document that you wish to print in its default application. For example, if you wish to print a web page, open your Internet browser, or if you want to print a document, open your standard document viewer.
- Go to the print menu as if you were printing a document from a physical printer by selecting "File" > "Print." When the print menu appears, go to the printers list and change your default printer to "pdfCreator." Select "OK" to print to PDF format.
- Save the PDF to your computer and rename it when prompted to do so. Once you select "Save," the default PDF viewer will open so you can review your PDF.
Method 2: Drag and Drop
- Open your PDFcreator "Print Monitor," which is located on your tool bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a file that you wish to print. Do not open it, but just drag and drop it into the print monitor menu.
- Fill out the appropriate information, such as PDF name and save location, when prompted to do so by pdfCreator. Click on the "Save" button to make your changes. Your PDF should open in your default PDF viewer for further review.
Method 3: Document Adding
- Open the PDFcreator "Print Monitor." Once in the "Print Monitor," access the "Document" menu and then click "Add."
- Select "All Files" in the file type menu. Then choose the document that you wish to convert to PDF format.
- Save the PDF to an appropriate location and title it when prompted to do so. In this menu you can also save the PDF in an alternate format such as PNG, JPEG, BMP, PCX, and TIFF.
Method 4: Windows Explorer
- Right click on a document's icon, then select "Create PDF with PDFCreator."
- Fill in information such as title and save location when prompted to do so by the PDFcreator "Print Monitor."
- Click on the "Save" button. This completes the conversion process and your default PDF viewer will then open so you can review your file.